Note: Mitt Romney has an IQ of 118. Are you smarter than him? Take this IQ test and find out!
Mitt Romney, who is running for the Republican nomination in the 2008 presidential election, is currently one of the most popular candidates in polls of likely primary voters. This is probably because it’s pretty easy for voters to see that many of the other contenders actually suck, while Romney’s suckiness has enjoyed a somewhat low profile in the media. We here at Who Sucks are quite disappointed in this failing of the mainstream media, so we have investigated Romney and prepared this handy list of 12 Reasons Why Mitt Romney Sucks:
1. He supports torture: Romney is an outspoken supporter of “enhanced interrogation techniques,” or as the layman calls it, torture.
2. He wants to enlarge Gitmo: Romney stated at a 2008 Republican primary debate that he would double the size of the prison at Guantanamo Bay if elected president. Would that be before or after he dissolves the Supreme Court, which has ruled that the indefinite detentions of terror suspects at Gitmo was unconstitutional?
3. He supports teen torture camps: This shouldn’t come as a surprise if you read the two items above. Romney has been linked to WWASPS camps for troubled teens, which has had several lawsuits filed against it alleging that teens were “locked in outdoor dog cages, exercised to exhaustion, deprived of food and sleep, exposed to extreme temperatures without adequate clothing or water, severely beaten, emotionally brutalized, and sexually abused and humiliated. Some were even made to eat their own vomit.”
4. He dodged the draft: Mitt Romney spent the height of the Vietnam War working as a Mormon missionary in France, thanks to a draft deferment his Mormon handlers gave him as “a minister of religion.”
5. Gun control flip-flopper: Romney recently changed his opinions on gun control when he realized he would need to suck up to gun owners if he wanted the Republican vote. When endorsing the Brady Bill in 1994, Romney declared it was “not going to make me a hero of the NRA.” In August 2006, he joined the NRA.
6. He’s a “life-long” hunter: By which I mean a liar. An NRA cap-wearing Romney told New Hampshire voters that he had been a hunter for “pretty much all” in April 2007. The truth soon came out that Romney had only gone hunting twice in his 60 years. If you’re going to suck up to gun owners, at least spare them the BS.
7. He tricked voters with a fake pro-life stance: Romney ran for US Senate in 1994 pledging to keep abortion ”safe and legal in this country.” As a 2002 candidate for governor, Romney said he would not change the state’s abortion laws. He is now running on a pro-life platform. As his top political strategist said in 2005, ”He’s been a pro-life Mormon faking it as a pro-choice friendly.”
8. He uses goons to intimidate his opponents: The security staff of the Romney campaign is well known for pushing around people they don’t want near their campaign events. They’ve also been placed under investigation for impersonating police officers to make threats illegally stop cars belonging to activists working on behalf of other candidates.
9. His campaign spreads lies about his opponents: The Romney campaign has been implicated in a dirty behind-the-scenes whisper campaign aimed at spreading a lie about John McCain’s views on abortion. If that fails, maybe they’ll claim he fathered black children?
10. He opposes stem cell research: While governor of Massachusetts, Romney tried to veto a bill that would have promoted stem cell research in the state. Luckily, state legislators were not living in the dark ages, and they overturned his anti-science veto.
11. He abuses animals: While moving driving his family from Ontario to Boston in 1983, Romney strapped the family dog to the top of their car for the entire drive. WTF?