AT&T Inc. is the largest provider of local and long distance telephone service, wireless service, DSL internet access, and zoo animal torture. The current AT&T is now run by the company formerly known as SBC Communications, after it purchased the old AT&T company, or American Telephone & Telegraph.
AT&T may very well be the largest and most powerful organization in the continental
Donâ€™t worry though, because Iâ€™m going to give you 8 reasons why AT&T sucks beyond all belief:
1. They are liars, and horrible at lying. The new AT&T was founded in 1983 as Southwestern Bell Corporation. In 1995, they announced they would be changing their name to SBC Communications, Inc. in a move to improve their global image and reach. Then they claimed that not only was â€œSBCâ€? not an acronym for Southwestern Bell Corporation, but that it didnâ€™t stand for anything at all. Oh, that makes sense.
2. They lied to the FCC and American people about allowing competitors to have access to their markets. They told the FCC that they would allow competitors to have access to local markets where SBC (AT&T) had a monopoly if the FCC would approve their acquisition of Ameritech. The FCC agreed, and gave SBC monopolies in
3. They lied again, and stole American taxpayer money. In the early 1990â€™s, SBC and the other major telecommunications companies (Verizon, BellSouth and Qwest) made promises to upgrade the internet infrastructure of the
4. AT&T is the
5. AT&T allows the National Security Agency (NSA) to monitor its customersâ€™ communications without warrants. This violates the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 and the First and Fourth Amendments of the Constitution of the
6. In 2006, AT&T handed all of their international and domestic calling records over to the NSA. This was done in order to create a massive calling database.
8. Finally, there is only one provider you can use if you want to use the Apple iPhone. Can you guess who it is? Iâ€™ll give you a hint: